Formula 4 the Future Contest
CalTech, The San Angelo Area Foundation and KIDY FOX has come together to make your dream project a reality with the Formula 4 The Future contest.
Teachers, here is your chance to win big for your class! Grab your phone, and make a short video of how you use STEM in your classroom, and send it to STEM@foxsanangelo.com.
1st Place- $5,000
2nd Place- $3,000
3rd Place- $2,000
Formula 4 The Future is brought to you by CalTech, San Angelo Area Foundation, and KIDY FOX San Angelo!
To be eligible for the contest, teachers and instructional specialist for kindergarten through 12th grade at a private or public school. The school has to be located within KIDY's viewing area.
The contest's deadline is November 20, 2017.
Contest entries must be emailed to STEM@foxsanangelo.com with a 200 word or less essay and/or uploading an under three minute long video on what STEM project initiatives or funding are needed for students at the school.
Be sure to include your name, grade level, class subject, school/name/address/main telephone number and school district.
All essays must be sole, original work of the entrant, must be typed or legibly printed in English.
Limit one entry per classroom.
Video submission must meet the following criteria:
- By entering, the school grants permission to and for the sponsor to receive and display the video for the purpose of the contest.
- The school certifies that any individuals of any age shown in the video furnished have been informed that the video has been entered in the contest and have no objection to entrant's submission and sponsor's display and posting of the video.
- Video must only include authorized content, including without limitation, music, images, film clippings and other intellectual property.
- Video must be deemed family friendly, in the sole discretion of the sponsor.
- Video must have been taken by an authorized representative of the school who has all rights to transmit and license it.
- Video must no violate trademark, copyright, privacy or any other rights of any other person.
- Videos may not contain expressions of hate, abuse, offensive images or conduct, obscenity or pornography or any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable law or regulations.
- The video submitted does not contain software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software on myfoxzone.com or any other website.
- By uploading a video, the school agrees to indemnify KIDY and sponsors and their affiliates, directors, officers and employees and hold them harmless from any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising from use of the video and/or your failure to comply with these rules.
A panel of qualified judges selected by the sponsor will judge all eligible entries according to the following criteria:
- 25% incorporation of STEM theme
- 25% classroom participation
- 25% originality and creativity
- 25% style and visual appeal