Angelo State University’s 2019 Homecoming activities kick off Sunday, Oct. 6, and run through the week, culminating on Saturday, Oct. 12, with a football game between the ASU Rams and the Western New Mexico University Mustangs.
This year’s homecoming theme is “ASU in Space,” and many of the events are open to the public.
Sunday, Oct. 6
- Noon - 6 pm: - Brisket cook-off - ASU student organizations compete for prizes and host family-friendly games and activities that are open free to the public.
Tuesday, Oct. 8
- 7 p.m. - Ram Remembrance - Memorial ceremony to mark the passing of ASU students, faculty, staff and alumni during the previous academic year. The ceremony will take place in the Houston Harte University Center.
Wednesday, Oct. 9
- 3:30 p.m. - Dance marathon – Annual event to benefit the local Children’s Miracle Network, in the Houston Harte University Center.
Friday, Oct. 11
- 6 p.m. - Alumni Association Homecoming Dinner and Awards – Begins with a social gathering at 6 p.m., followed by dinner at 6:30 p.m., in the Houston Harte University Center. Tickets are available from the alumni association for $60 per person or $100 per couple.
- 8:30 p.m. - Homecoming pep rally and bonfire – In the open area near Foster Field at 1st Community Credit Union Stadium. Fireworks show will follow.
Saturday, Oct. 12
- 10 a.m.:- ASU Homecoming Parade - Begins at Foster Field at 1st Community Credit Union Stadium, then winds through campus to end at the Junell Center.
- 1:30 p.m.:- Alumni Association Ram Jam – Tailgate party runs from 1:30 p.m.to 3:30 p.m. at the LeGrand Alumni and Visitors Center.
- 4 p.m. - Homecoming football game – The ASU Rams take on the WNMU Mustangs at LeGrand Stadium at 1st Community Credit Union Field. Homecoming king and queen will be crowned at halftime.
Other activities for students throughout the week will include a step show contest, the annual run-through sign contest and a blue and gold party.
Homecoming 2019 events are a collaborative effort of ASU’s Multicultural and Student Activities Programs; Alumni Association; Office of Communications and Marketing; Athletics Department; and numerous student organizations. A complete schedule of events is available at angelo.edu/homecoming.