SAN ANGELO, Texas — On Thursday, Oct. 21, the Angelo State University music program will host a guest violin recital by Dr. Timothy Angel, a violin and viola lecturer at the University of Texas at Arlington. The recital will take place in the Carr Education-Fine Arts (EFA) Building, 2602 Dena Drive.
According to a press release from ASU, the recital starts at 7 p.m. in the Eldon Black Recital Hall and is free and open to the public. Angel will be accompanied on piano by concert pianist and instructor, Kate Stevens.
Together, they will perform:
- "Violin Sonata in E minor", by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- "Memories", by Michiru Oshima
- "Caprice Viennois", by Fritz Kreisler
- "Solo Violin Sonata in G minor", by Johann Sebastian Bach
- "Carmen Fantasy", by Pablo de Sarasate
Everyone attending the recital is required to complete ASU's visitor wellness screening (angelo.edu/wellness-screening-visitor) and be prepared to show their wellness screening badge, as well as have their temperature checked, before entering the EFA Building. Masks/face coverings are strongly encouraged, but are not mandatory.