TAMPA, Fla. — Netflix could be cracking down on users who share their passwords with friends and family.
During the call, product chief Greg Peters said he knows that people are sharing their account information with friends and family and the company was keeping an eye on the situation.
Peters did not say how the company was monitoring password sharing.
Right now, Netflix limits the number of devices that can stream from the same account. Subscribers can share accounts but have to set up their own profiles.
According to the call, Netflix added 6.77 million paid subscribers for the quarter that ended in September.
What other people are reading right now:
- The Orionids meteor shower peaks Monday night
- 'Grease' sing-along show with John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John coming to Tampa
- Astros pitcher gives World Series tickets to fans who were berated, harassed at Yankee Stadium
- Bride gets thoughtful wedding gift after accidentally texting the wrong number
- Driver survives harrowing crash as huge logs pierce car
FREE 10NEWS APP: