HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. — A baby beaver is the newest addition to Owl's Nest Sanctuary for Wildlife in Hillsborough County.
"Maple," as she's named, came to the sanctuary after she was hit by a car in the Panhandle.
The sanctuary says she has some neurological damage, so workers aren't sure if she'll be able to return to the wild.
She's named for her favorite food, maple trees, and workers are looking to plant one, since the trees aren't native to this part of Florida.
If anyone has a maple tree they'd like to donate to the sanctuary, you can contact the sanctuary on its website here.
You can also find the organization on its Facebook page.
What other people are reading right now:
- 2020 Election Results | Get live results from 10 Tampa Bay
- Joe Biden elected 46th president of the United States, CBS projects
- How the Electoral College will decide who will be the next president
- Florida Lt. Gov. Nuñez's father, Cuban exile, dies at 84
- Everything you need to know about Eta in 10 quick facts
- White House coronavirus report puts Florida in 'red zone' for cases
- Election observer says no evidence for President Trump's fraud claims
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter