HOUSTON — Houston chefs and restaurant owners are once again showing why H-Town is a foodie's dream!
There are a total of 10 Houston restaurants and chefs that have been chosen as semifinalists ahead of the James Beard Awards.
They include the following:
- Chris Williams, Lucille's Hospitality Group, Houston, TX
- Christine Ha and Tony J. Nguyen, Xin Chào, Houston, TX
- Victoria Elizondo, Cochinita & Co., Houston, TX
Best New Restaurant
- Tatemó, Houston, TX
- Theodore Rex, Houston, TX
Outstanding Wine and Other Beverages Program
- Nancy's Hustle, Houston, TX
Best Chef: Texas
- Greg Gatlin, Gatlin’s BBQ, Houston, TX
- Benchawan Jabthong Painter, Street to Kitchen, Houston, TX
- Ai Le, Nam Giao, Houston, TX
- Kiran Verma, Kiran's, Houston, TX
Nominees will be announced on March 29 and winners will be honored at the James Beard Restaurant and Chef Awards Ceremony on June 5.
The James Beard Foundation is a nonprofit organization "whose mission is to celebrate, support, and elevate the people behind America’s food culture and champion a standard of good food anchored in talent, equity, and sustainability."