ABILENE, Texas — Most City of Abilene offices and service centers will be closed Monday, May 31, in observance of Memorial Day.
According to a City release, the Abilene Police Department, Fire Department and those providing life safety service will be open.
Residents should contact the water hotline at 35-676-6000 for water emergencies.
Animal-related emergencies can be reported by contacting the Abilene Police dispatch at 325-673-8331.
The following offices and service centers will be closed Monday:
- City Hall
- Abilene Taylor County Public Health District and Mercy Health Clinic
- Convention Center offices
- Abilene Regional Airport administration office
- Community Services administration office, recreation centers, and senior services
- Abilene Animal Shelter
- Police and Fire administration offices
- Solid waste services administration office
- Environmental Recycling Center, Abilene Brush Center, and Citizen Convenience Center
- Municipal Services & Water Utility Customer Service Center
- Abilene Municipal Court
- Main and Mockingbird libraries
Citations that are due Monday will be due the next business day with no penalty, according to the release.
Residential and commercial trash pick-up will operate on a regular schedule.
There will be no CityLink Transit services.
The following businesses will be open Monday:
- The Abilene Public Library, South Branch, 4310 Buffalo Gap Road, will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The Abilene Zoo, Adventure Cove, and City splash pads will be open regular hours.