SAN ANGELO, Texas — Some City of San Angelo offices will be closed Thursday, Nov. 26 and Friday, Nov. 27, in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
According to a City press release, there will be no trash pick-up and the landfill will be closed Thanksgiving Day.
Residents whose pick-up is on Thursday will have service Friday, Nov. 27 and residents whose pickup is on Friday will have service Saturday, Nov. 28, according to the release.
Commercial customers who have collection day Thursdays will receive service Wednesday or Friday.
The release also said COVID-19 numbers will still be reported by the San Angelo - Tom Green County Health Department, however, only the daily positive numbers will be reported on Nov. 26-27. Case breakdowns and demographic information will not be provided. Numbers and data will be updated the following week.
City closures include:
- Fort Concho Museum - closed Thanksgiving Day. Open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday for self-guided tours. The fort, including the Barracks 1 Visitor Center, will have regular weekend hours from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 28 and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 29.
- Water billing offices - closed Nov. 26-27
- Station 618 and Santa Fe Crossing senior centers
- Parks and Recreation offices
- Southside and Carl Ray Johnson recreation centers
- McNease Convention Center
- San Angelo - Tom Green County Health Department
- Fairmount Cemetery business offices
- Municipal Court
- San Angelo Nature Center
- San Angelo Animal Shelter
The Nature Center will open from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 28 and City offices will reopen at 8 a.m. Monday, Nov. 30.