SAN ANGELO, Texas — Some City of San Angelo offices will be closed Thursday, Dec. 24, Friday, Dec. 25 and Friday, Jan. 1, in observance of the Christmas and New Year's holidays.
According to a City press release, there will be no trash pick-up and the landfill will be closed Christmas Day.
Residents whose pick-up is on Friday will have service Saturday, Dec. 26 and there will be no interruption of trash service on New Year's Day, according to the release.
Commercial customers who have collection day Thursdays will receive service Wednesday or Friday.
The release also said COVID-19 numbers will still be reported by the San Angelo - Tom Green County Health Department, however, there is not a set time as to when the numbers will be released for Dec. 24-27.
The information that will be reported are the total cumulative positive cases, new daily positive totals, active cases, current hospitalizations, and COVID-19-related deaths.
Friday's full report, which includes the seven-day positivity rate, will be reported on Monday, Dec. 28, according to the release.
City closures for Dec. 24-25 and Jan.1 include:
- San Angelo Animal Shelter
- City Hall and the Community Development building
- City Hall Annex
- Fairmount Cemetery business offices
- Municipal Court
- San Angelo Nature Center - closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Day. Open Dec. 26 and Jan. 2
- Parks and Recreation offices
- San Angelo - Tom Green County Health Department
- Southside and Carl Ray Johnson recreation centers
- Station 618 and Santa Fe Crossing senior centers
Women, Infants and Children (WIC) will be closed Dec. 23-25 and Dec. 31-Jan. 1.
City office will reopen at 8 a.m. Monday, Dec. 28 and Monday, Jan. 4.