SAN ANGELO, Texas — Most City of San Angelo offices will be closed Monday, May 31, in observance of Memorial Day.
According to a City press release, there will be no interruption to trash collection and landfill operations.
COVID-19 reporting for Saturday, May 29 through Monday, May 31, will resume Tuesday, June 1.
The following City offices will be closed Monday:
- San Angelo Animal Shelter
- City Hall and the Community Development Building
- City Hall Annex
- Fairmount Cemetery’s business offices
- Municipal Court
- Nature Center
- Parks and Recreation offices
- San Angelo-Tom Green County Health Department
- Southside and Carl Ray Johnson recreation centers
- Station 618 and Santa Fe Crossing senior centers.
Other Memorial Day events and openings include:
The Fort Concho National Historic Landmark, 630 S Oakes St, will have Memorial Day exercises at 9 a.m. on May 31 in front of the Headquarters Building and the east end of the parade ground.
Members from the Sons of the Confederate Veterans and Fort Concho Living History program will provide artillery salutes and memorial rifle volleys.
The Municipal Pool
The Municipal Pool will open on Memorial Day weekend. Public swimming will be from noon to 65 p.m. Saturday through Monday.
Admission is as follow:
- Ages three to 64 - $5
- Ages 65 and older - $3
- Two years old or younger -free
For more information visit, cosatx.us/pool
The summer season for The Bosque, 330 S. Irving St., begins Memorial Day. Credit and debit cards are the only form of payment for rentals and concessions. Cash is not accepted.
The Bosque will open from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. Monday, May 31, for the Memorial Day Holiday.
After the Memorial Day weekend, the normal hours of operation will be from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesday to Saturday and from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sundays for the rest of the summer season. It will be closed Monday and Tuesday.
For more information, visit sanangelobosque.com.
Lake Nasworthy parks
Day passes to Middle Concho and Spring Creek parks at Lake Nasworthy are available at the entry gates.
Prices and permits are as follows:
- City of San Angelo residents - $3 per vehicle
- Non-residents - $6 per vehicle
- Camping permits - $6 per campsite per night for City residents and #12 for non-residents.
Permits can be purchased at the entry gates or Spring Creek Marina. Dollar bills large than $20 will not be accepted.
For more information, visit the lake parks webpage.