ABILENE, Texas — In observance of Labor Day, most City of Abilene offices and service centers will be closed Monday, Sept. 7.
Abilene Police and Fire departments will be open.
Residents are asked to call the water hotline at 325-676-6000 for water emergencies and APD dispatch at 325-673-8331 for animal-related emergencies.
Closures for Monday, Sept. 7 include:
- City Hall
- Abilene Taylor County Public Health District and MERCY Health Clinic
- Convention Center offices
- Abilene Regional Airport administration office
- Community Services office, recreation centers and senior services
- Police and fire administration offices
- Solid waste services office, Environmental Recycling Center and Abilene Brush Center
- Customer service center and Abilene Municipal Court
- Main and Mockingbird libraries
Trash pick up:
Residential and commercial pick-up will operate on regular schedule.
Curb bulk pick-up scheduled for Sept. 7 will picked up Sept. 8.
There will be no bus, paratransit or evening services.
The South Branch Library at the Mall of Abilene will follow mall hours.
Other City locations:
The Abilene Zoo and Animal Shelter will operate regular hours.
Municipal court citations:
Citations due Sept. 7 will be due Sept. 8.