SAN ANGELO, Texas — The City of San Angelo said Monday, camping has been officially reopened at Spring Creek and Middle Concho Park at Lake Nasworthy.
In a press release, the City asks the community to follow the guidelines set in place by Governor Greg Abbott as they prepare for camping together.
The guidelines set in place are:
- Individuals shall avoid groups larger than 10 individuals
- Within these groups please try to minimize contact with others who are not from your household
- Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet of separation from others
- It is recommended, but not required, to wear a mask
- Practice good hand hygiene
- Congregating is prohibited
- Any vehicle (boat, jet ski, etc.) used to transport individuals between places along a river or body of water must be cleaned in between uses
- Individuals aged 65 and older are at a higher risk of COVID-19. It is recommended that they should avoid contact with others and should stay home as much as possible.
The City also stated it's in the process of developing a reservation process for Spring Creek and Middle Concho Park camping at Lake Nasworthy. The hope is that the system will be in place by July 4 weekend.
For more information, visit gov.texas.gov/organization/opentexas and find the guidance for Parks/Beaches/Bodies of water.