TEXAS, USA — Cities are setting up water distribution centers with both, bottled water and non-potable water. *
City of Abilene is providing a non-potable water station from 1 p.m. to 10 p.m. Friday, Feb. 19 and from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 19, at Abilene Fire Department Station 3, 1625 Vine Street.
- Residents should bring their own containers
- Each household is limited to 10 gallons per day.
Bottled water available for those unable to travel or find other sources. Call 325-721-4948 or 325-721-6074.
City of Eastland has established a water distribution center at the Eastland Fire Department, 414 S. Seaman Street. Residents should enter the distribution line at the north end of the fired department, closest to Jay's Quick Stop and exit behind the fire and police departments onto Valley Street. Water will be available until 8 p.m. Thursday and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. each day until it is gone. For questions contact the Eastland City Hall at 325-629-8321 or from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday at 113 E.Commerce Street.
- There will be a limit of four cases of drinking water per household.
- Local organizations distributing water to people unable to leave their homes, warming centers, food pantries, etc. should call 817-360-6679 to make arrangements for additional cases.
- Still available
- Residents will need to bring their own containers for water for flushing toilets.
City of Santa Anna
The Red Cross will be giving out cases of bottled water at City Hall for residents without access to water.
City of San Angelo providing flushing water to high planes area.
- Water trucks will begin running at approximately 5 p.m. Thursday.
- Residents in the high plane area should set containers in front of homes for water to fill as they drive by.
- Each household will receive 10 gallons of water for flushing toilets.
- Map of high plane area.
City of San Angelo will open five locations for residents to receive water to be used for flushing toilets. Residents will need to bring containers to be able to hold water. There is a 30-gallon limit at this time.
The sites are open until 2 p.m. Sunday at the following locations:
- Mary E. Lee Park - 2160 Mary E. Lee Road.
- Lamar Elementary School - 3444 School House Drive
- Bonham Elementary School - 4630 Southland Blvd.
- TLCA High School Campus by the Bluffs - 5687 Melrose Ave.
The following site will remain open until 6 p.m.
- San Angelo Stadium - 1919 Knickerbocker Road. Enter off Johnson St. across from the Verizon building.
BES-Tex Supply, LLC is providing free non-potable water from noon to 5 p.m. at Grigsbys Boutique, 2525 Johnson St. Residents must bring their own containers.
.This is a developing story. More information will be posted as we receive more information.