SAN ANGELO, Texas — In late May, drive-through graduations were held by the San Angelo Independent School District, at which time students received their high school diplomas and were certified.
Optional in-person graduation ceremonies will be held for Lake View, PAYS and Central high schools at San Angelo Stadium the weekend of June 26 and 27.
In a press release, SAISD stated its main concern is the health and safety of those in attendance therefore it is asking graduates and family who are immunocompromised to not attend the ceremonies.
Because of COVID-19 restrictions required by the Texas Education Agency the event will be ticketed and have limited seating.
Graduates from Lake View and PAYS high schools will be allowed eight tickets per family. Central High School graduates will be allowed five tickets per family.
Tickets will be grouped together for each family and won't be separated. To ensure social distancing, only one group per graduate will be allowed to enter the stadium.
All members of the group must arrive and sit together in their assigned seating areas and groups outside the family will not be allowed to sit in the same area.
Ticket information will be sent in a separate email directly from the student's campus.
For anyone who is unable to attend the in-person graduation ceremonies, SAISD is providing the following options:
- Lake View High School ceremony will be held at 8:30 a.m. June 26 and will be live streamed
- Central High School ceremony will be held at 8:30 a.m. June 27 and will be live streamed
- PAYS High School ceremony will be held at 8 p.m. June 26
- SAISDtv and Suddenlink Channel 4 will broadcast recordings of all three ceremonies and will continue to do so throughout the day for two weeks following the ceremonies.
- SAISD Youtube channel will also upload a recording. The links will be placed on the district homepage once the videos are available.
The press release also stated that SAISD wants the event to be a special occasion for all graduates and their families.
For a full list of guidelines for graduates and their families before, during and after the ceremony visit saisdorg/5090.