TOM GREEN COUNTY, Texas — On July 21, 2020, Tom Green County Sheriff's Office CID investigators, along with patrol division deputies, recovered several thousands of dollars worth of stolen items.
The recovery originated when CID investigators were in the field working on reported theft cases and found several items that had been reported stolen.
Further investigation resulted in the recovery of items stolen from several jurisdictions. The estimated value of the items recovered was placed at $77,200.
Items that were recovered include:
- 2013 Tytal Semi-Trailer Water Hauler (stolen in San Antonio)
- 2007 Honda 200 Dirt Bike (stolen in Oklahoma)
- 2007 Kabota L84 Tractor w/assorted funeral equipment (TGC case)
- 1999 Ford F350 (TGC case)
- 2020 Jayco Jay Flight 264 travel trailer (TGC case)
Additionally, while on scene, investigators discovered both service meters had been intentionally and knowingly damaged at this location in order to illegally receive power and water.
Warrants were obtained in the name of Lonnie Ray Wooten, 41, for the following:
Criminal mischief, imp/int public service < 30K (state jail felony)
Theft of property $30,000 <$150,000 (third-degree felony)
Additional charges are expected.