Diann Bayes was recently appointed to the Texas Travel Alliance (TTA) board of directors, Discover San Angelo announced Thursday in a press release.
This is Bayes' second term for the organization that serves as a leading advocate for the Texas travel and tourism industry. Bayes was also appointed as the co-chair of the alliance’s legislative affairs committee.
Since 2017, Bayes has been the vice president of the San Angelo Convention & Visitors Bureau. Prior to moving to San Angelo, she served as the senior vice president of membership services and development for the Texas Travel Alliance. She is a past board member of the Texas Association of Convention & Visitor Bureaus. Bayes also served as the past chair of the Dallas/Fort Worth Area Tourism Council Board when she worked as the executive director of the McKinney Convention & Visitors Bureau.
“As a member of the alliance for almost two decades, I have seen firsthand the importance of the organization to the small and large businesses and organizations in Texas that make up the alliance’s membership,” Bayes said in the release. “I am also proud of the time I served in the Executive Vice President role with TTA. Meeting the hundreds of member businesses and the thousands of employees those businesses represent in the state showed me the impact these members have on the Texas economy and the quality of life they bring to their towns and cities. As Legislative Affairs Co-Chair, I will work closely alongside our travel and tourism industry colleagues and TTA staff in ensuring we share the power of travel as we move into 2022 and beyond.”
According to the release, TTA is a non-profit organization made up of businesses, organizations, associations and individuals dedicated to developing Texas travel and tourism to its fullest potential. Its mission is to improve the quality of life in Texas by strengthening travel and tourism. The executive committee and board are made up of members from leading state and national tourism brands.
• Chair, Kelly de Schaun - Galveston Park Board of Trustees
• Vice Chair, Al DeBerry - Lorenzo Hotel, Dallas
• Treasurer, Rachel Rotella - Ripley Entertainment, Grand Prairie
• Secretary, Tim Morrow - San Antonio Zoo
• Immediate Past Chair, Nelson Gumm - AJR Media Group, The Woodlands/Spring
Board representatives and advisors include:
• Accommodations Representative, Tim Arnold - Kalahari Resorts and Conventions, Austin/Round Rock
• Allied Representative, Howard Tietjen - Epsilon, Irving
• Attractions Representative, Ron McKenzie - Six Flags Over Texas, Dallas/Fort Worth
• At-Large Representative, Susan Skaggs - Dallas Cowboys Football Club
• At-Large Representative, Diann Bayes - Discover San Angelo
• Chair Advisor, Margo Richards - Lower Colorado River Authority
• Chair Advisor, Bob Jameson - Visit Fort Worth
• Destination Management Organization Representative, Jorge Franz - Houston First/Visit Houston
“It is a pleasure to serve alongside these Texas industry giants as we traverse together this new tourism landscape,” TTA Chair Kelly de Schaun said in the release.