SAN ANGELO, Texas — The San Angelo Independent District said Friday it will offer several summer program opportunities for its students.
According to an SAISD press release, the summer programs will be free and are scheduled to begin in June.
The district also added a new “jump-start” program designed to build excitement and a sense of belonging for students transitioning to a new level, such as from elementary to junior high school or junior high to high school.
The district is offering the following programs:
- Elementary School Jump Start K-2nd Grade Literacy Camp – 8 a.m. to noon June 7 – July 1 (Monday through Thursday) at Austin, Bradford, Crockett and San Jacinto elementary schools.
- English Language Learner Summer Program – 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 7-July 2 (Monday through Friday) at Bradford Elementary School.
- SAISD STEM Kids Camp – 8:30 a.m. to 3:50 p.m. July 27-28 at Holiman Elementary School
- Middle School Jump Start Summer Program – 8 a.m. to noon Monday through Thursday. There are three one-week session options: June 7-10, June 14-17 and June 21-24 at Glenn, Lincoln and Lone Star middle schools. Each school will host three sessions.
- High School Jump Start Summer Program - 8 a.m. to noon. Monday through Thursday at Central High School on Main and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Thursday at Lake View High School. There are three one-week session options: June 7-10, June 14-17 and June 21-24. Each school will have three sessions.
- High School Credit Recovery – Central and Lake View high schools will offer in-person and virtual options for students to recover credits not successfully completed during 2020-2021. The programs will be held in June and July.
- High School End-of-Course (EOC) Assessment Prep Program and Testing Opportunities - Central and Lake View high schools will hold in-person and virtual programs to better prepare students for retesting opportunities in late June. The EOC preparation program will be held in June.
For more information about the opportunities or to register, saisd.org,