Tax season is here and many are wondering how they can get the most out of their refund.
Well, not paying to file your taxes is a start and there are a few ways to do that.
If you made less than $66,000 in 2017 you may qualify for the IRS free file program.
Some big tax companies offer free versions for their software.
Turbo tax, Tax act, and H & R Block offer free versions of their tax software you just have to do a little digging.
However a lot of that software is only free for forms like the 10-40 EZ or the 10-40 A.

Tax expert Shirley Payton says the free versions are usually only good if you have simple returns.

There are also preparers in town who provide free services for low income families or the elderly but Shirley says to get the most deductions you might want to see a professional.