SAN ANGELO, Texas — The San Angelo Independent School District, in partnership with Shannon Medical Center, will host optional, free COVID-19 vaccine clinics at each Central Bobcats and Lake View Chiefs home football game at San Angelo Stadium for the rest of the 2021 football season.
According to a release from the SAISD, the next clinic will be held Friday, Sept. 17.
Vaccines will be available for any interested community member 12 years of age and older. The SAISD said in the release it is offering the clinic based on recent data for COVID-19 in San Angelo, and to provide an opportunity for individuals who choose to be vaccinated.
- Time: 6 p.m. through the end of the first quarter
- Location: San Angelo Stadium - outside the southwest ticket gate 4 (off Johnson Street by the Central baseball/softball fields)
- Vaccine available: Pfizer, two-dose vaccine
- Vaccine is free, no form of payment is necessary
- Pre-registration is not required, walk-ins are welcome
- A parent or guardian must accompany students 12-17 years of age, and will need to sign consent paperwork prior to student vaccination
- Bring a picture ID and insurance card. Picture ID must be presented to receive the vaccine
- Shannon staff will administer the vaccines
The decision to elect to be vaccinated is the individual’s decision, the district said.