SAN ANGELO, Texas — The San Angelo Independent School District and Shannon Medical Center are hosting an optional, free COVID-19 vaccine clinic at 6 p.m. Friday, Sept. 10, at San Angelo Stadium, 1919 Knickerbocker Road.
The vaccines are available for any interested community member 12 years of age and older. The clinic will be set up at the south ticket gate 4 (off Johnson Street by the Central baseball/softball fields).
The district is offering the clinic based on recent data for COVID-19 in San Angelo, as well as to provide individuals who choose to be vaccinated an opportunity.
- Time: 6 p.m. through the end of the first quarter
- Vaccine available: Pfizer, two-dose vaccine
- Vaccine is free and no form of payment will be necessary
- No pre-registration is required, walk-ins are welcome.
- A parent or guardian must accompany students 12-17 years of age, and will need to sign consent paperwork prior to student vaccination.
- Bring a picture ID and insurance card. Picture ID must be presented to receive the vaccine.
- Shannon staff will administer the vaccines.
In a press release, the district said, "The decision to elect to be vaccinated is the individual’s decision. The health, safety and well-being of our students, staff and San Angelo community continues to be our guiding priority. We appreciate the support and collaboration with Shannon Medical Center in providing this opportunity."