ABILENE, Texas — Hendrick Medical Center and Abilene Independent School District are joining together to host a COVID-19 vaccination clinic from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.and 4 p.m. to 9.m. Wednesday, March 3 at Mann Middle School, 2545 Mimosa Drive.
According to an AISD press release, the clinic will provide a first-dose Pfizer vaccine to those who meet the Texas Phase 1B vaccination criteria.
The criteria is as follows:
• People 65 years of age and older;
• People 16 years of age and older with at least one chronic medical condition that puts them at increased risk for severe illness from the virus that causes COVID-19, such as but not limited to:
• chronic kidney disease
• heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies
• solid organ transplantation
• obesity and severe obesity (body mass index of 30 kg/m2 or higher)
• sickle cell disease
• Type 2 diabetes mellitus
.Residents who want to be vaccinated should enter the Mann Band Hall through the outside entrance on the west side of the building. There will be no entry allowed through the school entrance.
For safety reasons, the district asks the children younger than 16-year-old not be taken to the clinic.