TEXAS, USA — ABILENE
All Chamber of Commerce events, including the Business Expo, are postponed.
Outlaws and Legends Music Festival - postponed.
Abilene Convention Center - Events are cancelled, effective March 18-April 30.
Abilene Zoo - Closed, effective March 17-April 30.
Abilene Public Library System - Hours of operation are restricted to 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday through Saturday for all branches, effective March 17-April 30.
The Rose Park Senior Center - Closed effective March 18-April 30. During the temporary closure, seniors 60 and over may come to Rose Park Senior Center during the hours of 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday through Friday, for a drive-thru meal. Limit of two meals per car.
Abilene Recreation Centers - Closed effective 3/18/20 - 4/30/20.
- The City will offer daycare services for City employees and City first responders at City recreation centers on a first come, first served basis. In the event additional capacity is available, the City will work with United Way to identify families eligible for child care. Childcare services are limited to children 6 to 13 years old, from hours of 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Rentals for all Parks and Recreation facilities - Canceled. Normal operations will resume May 1.
Recreation leagues - Pending. A final decision and an announcement will be made by Wednesday.
Adaptive Recreation - Closed, effective March 18-April 30.
Splash pads and the Adventure Cove - Closed through April 30.
Safety City - Closed through May 31.
Proclamations, presentations, school age pledgers, and awards and recognition at council meetings - Canceled until further notice.
All public tours of City facilities - Canceled.
Cinemark - Closed, effective March 18.
Railway Museum of San Angelo - Closed Saturdays until further notice.
San Angelo Community Medical Center and Community Medical Associates - Entry to the Emergency Department is limited. All other entrances will be closed to the public.
Adult visitors will be asked screening questions by a medical professional at each open entrance. If positive for the symptoms of fever, cough or flu-like symptoms, individuals will be asked not to visit hospital patients and leave the facility.
Shannon Medical Center - Modified visitation of patients. Emergency room and acute care patients will be allowed one visitor. Women & Children's pediatric, labor and delivery and women's health unit may have two designated visitors at any time.
Cinemark Tinseltown - Closed, effective March 18.
Palmer Feed and Supply - Curbside and delivery now available.
City of San Angelo - Officially closing certain in-person services to the public. Effective March 18, the City Hall Annex, 301 W. Beauregard Ave., is closed to the general public.
- Offices in the Annex include the San Angelo Police Department Criminal Investigations Division; San Angelo Fire Department Fire Prevention; Public Information; Engineering Services; Operations Administration; Billing and Receipts; and Water Customer Service. In-person visits for all of these offices will be by appointment only, excluding billing and receipts and customer service, which will direct people to make payments as outlined below.
- For new service connections or disconnections, visit cosatx.us/customerservice. Signs will be posted outside the building with contact information, but citizens may also visit cosatx.us to find the appropriate contact for each department.
- Water utility payments will be accepted only in the following ways:
- Online – Visit the City’s website at cosatx.us/waterbill. Online credit card payments or e-check/bank drafts payments can be made month-to-month or by establishing an automatically recurring payment. Customers will also have the option to go paperless and/or sign up for “Pay by Text” to receive notifications and pay via text message. Online payments are unavailable from 10 p.m.-2 a.m. daily and from 3:30 a.m.-4:30 a.m. Mondays for system updates.
- Mail – Mail a payment to the City of San Angelo Utility Billing/Collections, P.O. Box 5820, San Angelo, TX 76902. Make checks payable to City of San Angelo - Water or COSA - Water.
- Dropbox (south side of building) – 24-hour payment dropbox is located on the south side of City Hall Annex, 301 W. Beauregard Avenue. Please pay with check or money order to ensure proper credit. *Cash will be temporarily accepted. Exact change is preferred, but overage will go towards a credit on the next scheduled statement. The San Angelo Police Department will assist in additional monitoring and security of the dropbox during this time, and the dropbox will be serviced at more frequent intervals.
- Dropbox (first interior entrance door foyer) – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. dropbox located just inside the first entrance door, but not past the second, will be available for those who do not want to utilize the outdoor dropbox.
- Phone – You may also call Customer Service at (325) 657-4323 and select the option to make a payment over the phone. Long-distance users may call 1-855-419-2758. Phone payments are unavailable from 10 p.m.-2 a.m. daily and from 3:30 a.m.-4:30 a.m. Mondays for system updates.
- Real estate lease payments will need to be made at one of the dropboxes at the City Hall Annex.
- The Municipal Court has also suspended all court hearings for at least 45 days and limited the number of customers in the building to 10 at a time. Defendants will receive notice of reset dates by mail. This includes jury trials. If anyone has received a notice for jury service, they may disregard it for the time being. Customers will be asked to spread out six feet apart from each other while waiting in the lobby.
- The Court encourages payments online or by phone, but a drive-thru is available for express court business such as payments, certificate drop-off and compliance dismissals. Defendants may call the Municipal Court at (325) 657-4371 for any court-related questions.
- All of these changes will be ongoing until further notice. Updates will be posted on the City website at cosatx.us and on the City of San Angelo, Texas Facebook page.
RELATED: Sunset Mall modifies business hours
RELATED: Dairy Queen postpones Free Cone Day