x
Breaking News
More () »

Abilene house fire results in $40,000 in damages

The three residents and their dogs were able to escape without injury.
Credit: Lexis Greene

ABILENE, Texas — At approximately 2:30 a.m. Friday, the Abilene Fire Department responded to a residential structure fire in the 1200 block of Burger Street.

The arriving crews found heavy smoke and flames showing from the rear of the home and were able to quickly extinguish the fire. 

Investigation showed a lamp used to keep a pet warm ignited the combustibles around it, causing the fire to spread to the home. 

There were three residents and several dogs in the house at the time of the fire, but all were able to escape without injury.

Red Cross was notified and is helping the residents with their needs. Estimated value of damage is $40,000.