ABILENE, Texas — In observance of Independence Day, many of the offices and service centers in Abilene will be closed Friday, July 3.
The Abilene Police and Fire departments will be open.
Residents are asked to call the water hotline at 325-676-6000 for water emergencies and the Abilene Police Department dispatch at 325-673-8331 for animal-related emergencies.
Closures for Friday, July 3 include:
- City Hall
- Abilene Taylor County Public Health District and MERCY Health Clinic
- Convention Center offices
- Abilene Regional Airport administration office
- Community Services office, recreation centers, and senior services
- Abilene Animal Shelter
- Police and Fire administration offices
- Solid Waste Services office and Environmental Recycling Center
- Customer Service Center and Abilene Municipal Court
- Mockingbird Library
Trash pick up:
Residential and commercial pick-up will operate on regular schedule.
Abilene Brush Center will be open Friday, but will be closed Saturday.
CityLink transit will run on a Saturday schedule on Friday for fixed route and paratransit services.
The South Branch Library at the Mall of Abilene will follow mall hours.
The main library will be open Friday, but will be closed Saturday.
Other City locations:
Friday, the Abilene Zoo will be open regular hours and close at 3 p.m. Saturday. The splash pads will be open.
Kirby Lake park will close at 7 p.m. Saturday. Marshals will begin clearing the park at 4 p.m.
Municipal court citations:
Citations for July 3 will be due July 6.