DALLAS — Democratic presidential candidate Andrew Yang will come to Dallas Dec. 6 for a fundraising event at Gilley's Dallas, Yang's staff announced in a news release Friday.
This fundraiser will be Yang's first 2020 campaign event in the DFW area. Entry to the event costs $20. Tickets are available at dallasyanggang.com or at the door. The event will be from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., with another "intimate fundraiser" immediately afterward where donors can meet Yang from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Yang's main policy proposal during the 2020 campaign has been the Freedom Dividend, a monthly no-strings-attached Universal Basic Income (UBI) transfer of $1000 to every US citizen starting at age 18.
More on WFAA:
- Who is running for president in 2020?
- 6 have qualified for December Democratic debate; 2 more are close
- VERIFY: Fact checking the fifth Democratic debate
- Beto O'Rourke nearly sells out counter-rally in Grand Prairie
- Crowd for Pres. Donald Trump's 'Keep America Great' campaign rally fills American Airlines Center