SAN ANGELO, Texas — Angelo State University's Woodwind Chamber Ensembles program will present its spring concert featuring the ASU Saxophone Quartet at 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 27, in the Carr Education-Fine Arts (EFA) Building, 2602 Dena Drive.
The concert will be in the Carr EFA Building's Eldon Black Recital Hall and is free and open to the public.
The ASU Saxophone Quartet includes:
- Ethan Clark of San Angelo, alto saxophone
- Colby Darnell of Goldthwaite, tenor saxophone
- Mario Larios-Garcia of San Antonio, soprano and alto saxophone
- Matthew Wenzel of Yoakum, baritone saxophone
The musical program will include:
- "Prelude and Fugue in A-flat" by Johann Sebastian Bach
- "Meditation from Thais" by Jules Massenet
- "Trio for Saxophones" by Walter Hartley
- "Fly Me To The Moon" by Bart Howard
- "Maple Leaf Rag" and "The Entertainer" by Scott Joplin
According to an ASU press release, both of the Scott Joplin pieces are arranged specifically for the ASU Saxophone Quartet by Dr. Timothy Bonenfant, professor of music, who directs the Woodwind Chamber Ensembles program.