Editors note: The video above is from Sunday, February 14
Due to the winter weather in the Coastal Bend many businesses across the Coastal Bend are closed Monday and some are closing Tuesday as well. Here’s what you need to know.
Many schools across the Coastal Bend are closed due to weather conditions. For a full list, click here.
Bee County Offices:
Due to inclement weather, all Bee County Offices will delay their opening until 10 a.m. on February 17.
Driscoll Children’s quick care clinics:
Due to the inclement weather, all Driscoll Children’s quick care clinics will be closed Monday and Tuesday.
Texas State Aquarium:
Due to weather conditions, the Texas State Aquarium is closed Tuesday, February 16.
The aquarium says all the animals are safe during the winter weather.
South Texas Botanical Gardens & Nature Center:
Due to inclement weather, the South Texas Botanical Gardens & Nature Center will be closed through Thursday, February 18.
The center says all of the reptiles and parrots are safe indoors.
Municipal Court: Closed. All in-person and virtual hearings scheduled for Monday, Feb. 15, and Tuesday, Feb. 16, are canceled.
Corpus Christi International Airport: The airport terminal will remain open through the duration of the weather event to provide customer service to tenants and travelers who may need assistance. Airport Operations Personnel are actively monitoring weather conditions on the airfield 24 hour a day. Should icy conditions develop on runways or taxiways, Airport managers will take the appropriate measures to maintain safety standards at CCIA. This could include closing taxiways and runways at some point.
Solid Waste: All Monday, Feb. 15, and Tuesday, Feb. 16, garbage and recycling routes will be collected next week instead of this week.
The regularly scheduled garbage, recycling and brush pickup on Wednesday, Feb. 17 will take place.
- Open: Cefe Valenzuela Landfill, FM 2444 & County Road 20
- Open: J.C. Elliott Collection Center and Transfer Station located at Hwy 286 and Ayers Street.
- Health District: COVID-19 Call Center Closed until Tuesday, February 16.
- Al Kruse Tennis Center Open Tuesday 12-9 p.m.
- H-E-B Tennis Center Delayed opening dependent on weather and road conditions.
- Golf Courses – Municipal Golf Centers (Oso Beach and Lozano) – Closed Tuesday.
- Public Pools (Collier and Corpus Christi Natatorium) – Closed Saturday - Tuesday
- Gymnasiums (Ben Garza and CC Gym) – Closed Monday and Tuesday
- Senior Centers & Curbside meals program - Closed Monday – Tuesday (members will receive frozen meals on Friday for next week’s closures)
- Home Delivered Meals – Closed (Shelf-stable meals were provided Friday, February 12 to clients for this week during closure)
- Valentine Trunk or Treat Drive-Thru at Salinas Park – Cancelled on Saturday, February 13 rescheduled February 20
City of George West offices:
Due to the inclement weather in the Coastal Bend the City of George West offices will be closed on Monday, February 15.
Bee County Offices:
Due to the winter weather Bee County offices will be closed on Tuesday, February 16.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
Jim Wells County Courthouse
Judge Juan Rodriguez, Jr. has decided to close the Jim Wells County Courthouse Tuesday, Feb. 16.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com: