Wednesday afternoon, the jury sentenced the defense attorney to 11 years in prison and ordered him to pay $40,000 in fines.

The breakdown of the sentence was 24 months for each count of Forgery, a State Jail Felony, and 11 years for the counts of Theft of Property and Money Laundering. The Theft of Property charge was for an amount greater than or equal to $200,000 and is a First-Degree Felony. The Money Laundering charge was for an amount greater than or equal to $100,000 but less than $200,000 and is a Second-Degree Felony. Those sentences will all run concurrently, or at the same time.

In closing arguments, the Defense brought up the “good” Young had done with the money, like donating to charities. They also asked the jury to consider the family members and how the sentence would affect them. Young’s wife, children, and other members were present for the arguments.

In the State’s closing arguments, they also addressed the family being in the courtroom. They said even though the family was there, it doesn’t change what Young had done. They said Young had also been moving assets from his to a family member’s name as little as two and half weeks before the trial began. The State brought up the wreck that Young had been in while allegedly driving under the influence and that wreck resulted in the death of a woman. They also addressed an affair Young had with a Sweetwater Law Enforcement Officer’s wife and that Young had pulled a gun on that officer during that time. The State said young had been given chances before and urged the jury to pursue jail time.

The Defense did have several objections to the State’s arguments and at one point, called for a mistrial. The Defense also told the jury that if they felt any ill-will toward Young, to blame it on them and hold them responsible. They also told the jury that Young was not “who the State would have you to believe.”

The State countered the Defense’s arguments by saying that Young was calculated and manipulative.

Around 1:30 p.m., the jury was released to begin their deliberations. The jury came back with the sentence after about three hours of deliberating around 4:30 p.m.

Several of Young’s family members shed tears while the sentence was read aloud by Judge Brock Jones.

Information about the guilty verdict handed down Monday: