x
Breaking News
More () »

One adult and three children escape Abilene house fire

Firefighters arrived to find the flames had spread to two vehicles in the garage.
Credit: Alexander Oganezov - stock.adobe.com
Red and blue blinking lights on top of the firetruck

ABILENE, Texas — At approximately noon Wednesday, the Abilene Fire Department responded to a residential structure fire located in the 5300 block of Wagon Wheel Avenue.

Crews arrived to find heavy smoke and flames billowing from the garage area of the structure and discovered the fire had spread to two vehicles.

One adult and three children were home at the time of the fire and were able to get out of the residence without injury.

The fire extended into the attic area and garage area only. The interior of the residence suffered smoke and water damage.

The Red Cross was notified and will be assisting the residents.

The cause of the fire was determined to be and accidental electrical failure. Value of damage is estimated at $80,000.