SAN ANGELO, Texas — Angelo State University's Rams Tackle Hunger food drive will take place Saturday and is a "full day of family-friendly activities" according to an ASU press release, featuring a Ram Jam tailgate party with a free concert, a volleyball match and a football game.
The Rams Tackle Hunger food drive will begin at Ram Jam, and attendees are encouraged to donate non-perishable food items and toiletries for the Ram Pantry to help end food insecurity for students on the ASU campus and beyond. Located in the Houston Harte University Center, the Ram Pantry provides those items free to any ASU student in need. A list of the most-needed items is available here.
The food drive is also part of ASU's partnership with the Tom Green County Hunger Coalition to raise awareness about the issue of food insecurity in the region.
The full schedule of Saturday events includes:
- 2 p.m. - No. 3 Belles Volleyball vs. Texas A&M International, Junell Center/Stephens Arena
- 3-5 p.m. - Ram Jam, LeGrand Alumni and Visitors Center
- During Ram Jam - Free Concert by Los Chicos del 512 (Selena tribute band)
- Following Ram Jam - Ram Band and Cheer Team lead fans from Ram Jam to the football game
- 6 p.m. - Rams Football vs. Western New Mexico, LeGrand Stadium at 1st Community Credit Union Field
Ram Jam and the included concert are free and open to the public. More details on the athletic events, including ticket prices, are available at angelosports.com.