SAN ANGELO, Texas — The San Angelo Community Band will present a free public concert at 7 p.m. Monday, June 20, at Southland Baptist Church, 4300 Meadow Creek Trail.
"Out of this World!" will be held in the church's municipal building and is free and open to the public.
The musical program will include assorted marches and:
- A suite from "The Planets" by Gustav Holst
- "Beautiful Colorado" by Joseph De Luca - featuring Jake Martin on euphonium
- Music from "Apollo 13" by James Horner - a medley of themes from the movie
- "Battle Hymn of the Republic" setting by Peter J. Wilhousky - featuring the Southland Baptist Church Choir
- "Fly Me to the Moon" by Bart Howard - featuring Dr. Tim Lyles, associate pastor of worship at Southland Baptist Church
The SACB features more than 50 local and area musicians, including ASU students and faculty and community members, and has been performing since 1989. It is under the direction of Dr. Constance Kelley of the Angelo State University music faculty.
The band's next performance will be during the Star Spangled Banner Concert & Fireworks July 3 at the Bill Aylor Sr. Memorial RiverStage.
For more details or to join the SACB, visit http://sanangelocommunityband.org.