TEXAS, USA —
Abilene Independent School District is closed Wednesday-Friday. Classes will resume Monday, Feb. 22.
Abilene Christian University warming center.
The Hunter Welcome Center will remain open today and overnight as a warming shelter for students, faculty and staff who live off-campus and are without heat or electricity. Please bring your own bottled water and food, as well as blankets/pillow or sleeping bag. Our doors are open to you!
- The Bean is open to serve food 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Brown Library is open today and the rest of this week from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., but access is only via ID card swipe.
- The Money Student Recreation and Wellness Center remains closed.
Bronte Independent School District has canceled classes Wednesday.
Brownwood Independent School District will hold all classes virtually Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Cisco Independent School District is closed Wednesday.
City of Abilene
- City closures and other information for Wednesday - Friday, including cancellation of all COVID-19 vaccine clinics through 2/19/21:
- Electricity outages have forced the City to move its warming center from the Rose Park Senior Center to the Beltway Park Church north and southside campuses, located at 2850 Highway 351, and 4009 Beltway Park South. For a ride, call 325.721.4948 or 325.721.6074.
- The Health District has cancelled the COVID-19 vaccination clinics scheduled for the week of February 15th through 19th are cancelled. Staff will contact individuals with appointments to reschedule.
- The Abilene Animal Shelter will remain open for emergency shelter operations, including temporary shelter for stray animals.
- City offices are closed the week February 15th through 19th. The City will continue to follow AISD cancellations during this severe weather event.
- CityLink will not operate Wednesday, 2/17/21.
- Trash collection is cancelled for Wednesday, 2/17/21. Service beyond that is yet to be determined. Landfill is closed until Thursday.
- City office closures through 2/19/21 include:
- City Hall
- Public Health District
- Community Services Office
- Convention Center Offices
- Development Corporation of Abilene
- Airport Administration Office
- Recreation & Senior Service Centers
- Animal Shelter
- Police & Fire Administration Offices
- Solid Waste Services Offices
- Environmental Recycling Center, Brush Center, & Citizens Convenience Center
- Municipal Court – citations for the week will be due next week with no penalty
- Mockingbird Library
- Main Library
- South Branch Library
- Abilene Zoo
Visit abilenetx.gov and click on the alert bar at the top of the page for the latest information and notifications straight to your email or phone.
Coleman Independent School District is closed Wednesday.
Merkel Independent School District is closed Wednesday and Thursday.
Roby Consolidated Independent School District classes canceled until Monday, Feb. 22. School will resume normal operations. Roby vs Westbrook game scheduled for Wednesday postponed.
Schleicher County Independent School District has canceled classed Wednesday-Thursday.
Snyder Independent School District is closed Wednesday-Thursday. Friday is a school holiday. Classes will resume Monday.
Sweetwater Independent School District is closed Wednesday. There will be no online/at-home learning requirements.
Taylor County Courthouse and offices are closed Wednesday.
Texas Tech University Health Science Center is closed Wednesday.
- TTUHSC Abilene Community Health Center is closed Wednesday.
Wylie Independent School District is closed Wednesday-Friday. Classes will resume Monday, Feb. 22.
Angelo State University campus will remain closed until Monday, Feb. 22. Online and in-person classes are canceled.
- The CAF will be open to provide meals to students.
- Warming stations have been set up in the Plaza Verde and Massie residence halls, as well as The CAF.
- On-campus students should contact their RA if they need assistance or have questions.
- Please continue to use caution while walking on campus, as sidewalks continue to be slick.
- Essential staff personnel should contact their direct supervisor for more information. Non-essential staff personnel should receive further instruction from their supervisor.
City of Ballinger offices are closed Wednesday.
City of San Angelo offices are closed Wednesday.
- Warming shelters for public use.
- McNease Convention Center, 501 Rio Concho Drive
- Fort Concho stables, 210 Henry O Flipper Street
- Residents should bring the following:
- Pillow and blanked if they would like to stay
- Snacks and refreshments for themselves
- Masks are required.
- Cots will be in place courtesy of the Red Cross for anyone staying.
- Concho Valley Transit will provide transportation for people who are unable to transport themselves. The service will run until 7 p.m. Thursday. Anyone interested in the service should call 325-234-0250, 325-262-5516 or 325-262-6267.
Cornerstone Christian School has canceled classes (in-person and online) through Monday, Feb. 22.
Goodfellow Air Force Base MISSION ESSENTIAL PERSONNEL ONLY Wednesday and Thursday. GAFB is canceling all activities on base; maximum teleworking expected.
- The main AAFES/base exchange and the Express/Class Six will be open at 9 a.m. All other AAFES services including the food court are closed and will open pending boiling water notice status.
- The commissary will open normal hours.
- The Western Winds Dining Facility is the ONLY dining facility open, until further notice, and hours remain the same. Standard meal pricing is in effect.
- The Child Development Center will be closed.
- The Mathis Fitness Center is closed except for 24/7 access (previous sign-up required).
Grape Creek Independent School District will hold classes virtually Wednesday and Thursday.
Howard College campuses are closed Wednesday and Thursday. All classes are canceled, offices are closed.
La Esperanza - All clinics are closed Wednesday.
Market Street will open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesday.
Meals For The Elderly is closed Wednesday.
Menard Independent School District is closed Wednesday.
San Angelo Independent School District campuses and offices are closed Wednesday and Thursday.
Tom Green County offices, courts and libraries are closed Wednesday.
Water Valley Independent School District is closed Wednesday.