TEXAS, USA — BIG COUNTRY
Abilene Christian University remote instruction and work canceled for the rest of the week.
- The Bean is open to serve food from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Brown Library is open today and the rest of this week from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., but access is only via ID card swipe.
- The Money Student Recreation and Wellness Center remains closed.
Abilene Independent School District closed Thursday - Friday. Classes will resume Monday, Feb. 22.
Aspermont Independent School District will hold classes virtually Thursday and Friday.
Bronte Independent School District school canceled for the remainder of the week. In-person instruction will resume Monday, Feb. 22.
Brownwood Independent School District classed held virtually Thursday. Lunch pick-up from 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Brownwood Hendrick closures and delays
- Hendrick Medical Center Brownwood Admissions/Registration
- Hendrick Surgery Center
- Hendrick Outpatient Rehabilitation
- Hendrick Cardiac Rehabilitation opens at 8 a.m.
- Hendrick Heart Center and Device Clinic opening at 9 a.m.
- Hendrick Screening Clinic opening at 9 a.m.
- Hendrick Outpatient Imaging and Mammography opening at 10 a.m.
- Hendrick Outpatient Rehabilitation opening at 10 a.m.
- Hendrick Wound Care opening at 10 a.m.
- Hendrick Outpatient Infusion Services
- Hendrick Heart Center and Device Clinic
- Hendrick Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Walker Cancer Center
- Hendrick Clinic Brownwood, Early and San Saba opening at 10 a.m. All Brownwood Clinic locations, including Hendrick Walk-In Clinic.
- Hendrick Medical Plaza opening at 10 a.m.
Cisco Independent School District will be closed Thursday and Friday, classes will resume Monday, Feb. 22.
City of Abilene
- City closures and other information for Wednesday - Friday, including cancellation of all COVID-19 vaccine clinics through 2/19/21:
- Electricity outages have forced the City to move its warming center from the Rose Park Senior Center to the Beltway Park Church north and southside campuses, located at 2850 Highway 351, and 4009 Beltway Park South. For a ride, call 325.721.4948 or 325.721.6074.
- The Health District has canceled the COVID-19 vaccination clinics scheduled for the week of February 15th through 19th are canceled. Staff will contact individuals with appointments to reschedule.
- The Abilene Animal Shelter will remain open for emergency shelter operations, including temporary shelter for stray animals.
- City offices are closed the week of February 15th through 19th. The City will continue to follow AISD cancellations during this severe weather event.
- Trash collection is canceled through Friday, Feb. 19 and the landfill is closed. Saturday collection may take place but yet to be determined.
- City office closures through 2/19/21 include:
- CityLink will be closed Thursday and all services canceled
- City Hall
- Public Health District
- Community Services Office
- Convention Center Offices
- Development Corporation of Abilene
- Airport Administration Office
- Recreation & Senior Service Centers
- Animal Shelter
- Police & Fire Administration Offices
- Solid Waste Services Offices
- Environmental Recycling Center, Brush Center, & Citizens Convenience Center
- Municipal Court – citations for the week will be due next week with no penalty
- Mockingbird Library
- Main Library
- South Branch Library
- Abilene Zoo
Visit abilenetx.gov and click on the alert bar at the top of the page for the latest information and notifications straight to your email or phone.
Grandfalls-Royalty Independent School District classes canceled Thursday and Friday.
Haskell Consolidated Independent School District school closed Thursday and Friday. Classes will resume Monday, Feb. 22.
Hendrick closures and delays:
- Hendrick Medical Supply will open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday.
- Hendrick Regional Blood Center will open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Hendrick Professional Pharmacy will open from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Hendrick Regional Laboratory Draw Stations will open at 7 a.m.
- Mammography at Hendrick Medical Center and Hendrick Medical Center South patients will be called to reschedule.
- Hendrick Diabetes Center patients may call 325-670-2421 and leave a voicemail.
- Hendrick Outpatient Rehab (at Hendrick Medical Center, Pediatric Therapy Gym, Hendrick Medical Plaza and Hendrick Medical Center South) patients will be rescheduled.
- Texas Midwest Surgery Center patients should contact their physician's office with questions and reschedule procedures.
- Hendrick HouseCalls patients will be rescheduled.
- Hickory Place Screening will be closed, people should use COVID-19 virtual screening if they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to a lab-confirmed positive. People will be called in a timely manner for a Friday appointment.
- Hendrick Imaging Center
- Hendrick Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Hendrick Heart Failure Clinic
- Hendrick Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Hearing Healthcare
- Hendrick Cancer Center and Infusion Clinic
- Hendrick Sleep Disorders Center and EEG Lab
- Hendrick Volunteer Services
- First Perk and The Gift Shop at Hendrick
- Hendrick Health Club will post updates to social media and sent to members
Hendrick Clinics in Abilene closures and delays
- Hendrick Clinic Cardiology scheduled patients will be messaged. For more information, call 325-793-3100.
- Hendrick Clinic Cardiovascular Surgery scheduled patients will be messaged. For more information, call 325-670-4560.
- Hendrick Clinic Internal Medicine
- Hendrick Clinic General Surgery will open at noon.
- Hendrick Clinic Rheumatology
- Hendrick Clinic Endocrinology
- Hendrick Clinic Pain Management
- Hendrick Clinic Infectious Disease
- Hendrick Plastic Surgery and MedSpa plastic surgery opens at noon, MedSpa closed.
- Hendrick Clinic Urology
- Hendrick Clinic Orthopedics
- Hendrick Clinic Ophthalmology opens at noon.
- Hendrick Clinic Neurology
- Hendrick Clinic Neurosurgery
- Hendrick Clinic Family Medicine Drs. David Randell and Sam Salvi will be open. Walk-ins will be accommodated. Telemedicine appointments available.
Hermleigh Independent School District school canceled Thursday, Feb. 18 and Friday, Feb. 19.
Merkel Independent School District closed Thursday. Friday has been changed to a teacher workday and student holiday. Classes will resume, Monday, Feb. 22.
Roby Consolidated Independent School District classes canceled Thursday and Friday. Classes will resume Monday, Feb. 22.
Snyder Independent School District closed Thursday. Friday is a student holiday. Classes will resume Monday, Feb. 22.
Taylor County courthouses and offices closed Thursday
Texas Tech University Sciences Center closed Thursday
- Abilene Community Health Center Closed.
Angelo State University campus will remain closed until Monday, Feb. 22. Online and in-person classes are canceled.
- The CAF will be open to provide meals to students.
- Warming stations have been set up in the Plaza Verde and Massie residence halls, as well as The CAF.
- On-campus students should contact their RA if they need assistance or have questions.
- Please continue to use caution while walking on campus, as sidewalks continue to be slick.
- Essential staff personnel should contact their direct supervisor for more information. Non-essential staff personnel should receive further instruction from their supervisor.
City of San Angelo offices closed Thursday.
- Warming shelters for public use.
- McNease Convention Center, 501 Rio Concho Drive - at capacity
- Fort Concho stables, 210 Henry O Flipper Street
- Residents should bring the following:
- Pillow and blanked if they would like to stay
- Snacks and refreshments for themselves
- Masks are required.
- Cots will be in place courtesy of the Red Cross for anyone staying.
- Concho Valley Transit will provide transportation for people who are unable to transport themselves. The service will run until 7 p.m. Thursday. Anyone interested in the service should call 325-234-0250, 325-262-5516 or 325-262-6267.
Concho Educators Federal Credit Union will open drive-thrus and lobbies at 10 a.m. Thursday.
Cornerstone Christian School has canceled classes (in-person and online) through Monday, Feb. 22.
Crockett County CCSD will not have school Thursday and Friday. The district is planning to resume face-to-face instruction Monday, Feb. 22.
Department of Public Safety offices closed Thursday in the following counties: Andrews, Borden, Coke, Concho, Crane, Crockett, Dawson, Ector, Gaines, Glasscock, Howard, Irion, Kimble, Martin, Mason, McCulloch, Menard, Midland, Reagan, Schleicher, Sterling, Sutton, Tom Green, Upton, Ward, Winkler, Pecos, Presidio, Reeves, and Brewster.
Goodfellow Air Force Base MISSION ESSENTIAL PERSONNEL ONLY Wednesday and Thursday. GAFB is canceling all activities on base; maximum teleworking expected.
- The main AAFES/base exchange and the Express/Class Six will be open at 9 a.m. All other AAFES services including the food court are closed and will open pending boiling water notice status.
- The commissary will open normal hours.
- The Western Winds Dining Facility is the ONLY dining facility open, until further notice, and hours remain the same. Standard meal pricing is in effect.
- The Child Development Center will be closed.
- The Mathis Fitness Center is closed except for 24/7 access (previous sign-up required).
Grape Creek Independent School District will hold classes virtually Thursday.
Howard College San Angelo all campuses closed Thursday.
- SouthWest Collge for the Deaf all campuses closed
La Esperanza Clinic are closed Thursday and will open at 10 a.m. Friday
Menard Independent School District classes canceled for Thursday.
San Angelo Independent School District campus and offices closed Thursday.
Tom Green County Appraisal District is closed Thursday.
Tom Green County offices closed Thursday
Tom Green County Library System closed Thursday
Walmart Neighborhood Market Sherwood location, closed
Walmart Supercenter San Angelo, S. Bryant Blvd. location closed
Water Valley Independent School District has canceled school for the remainder of the week. Classes resume Monday, Feb.22.
West Texas Lighthouse for the Blind closed Thursday.